Friday 15 May 2009

Scary Little Silver Box

Well, after much anxiety it really wasn't that bad at all. In fact it wasn't bad, it was really quite exciting. And done in two takes. The first take I tended to trail off at the end of the lines giving the poem too much melancholia and leaving the end result sounding a little unconfident. On the second take I tried to sound more commited to the poem. As I got into my stride I started to race through, so I had to be slowed down, but by the end I was pretty happy. Now, if only they could make my voice sound like Tilda Swinton or something. That would have been great.

Afterwards I had a little peak at the Auditorium where we will be reading in June and I was shocked to see a stage and microphone. The last launch I went to was in Carnforth Station (Flax 17) where the readers were at ground level, but hey, i'm sure it'll all be fine. I'm looking forward to it all now and can't wait to see the postcards. I even know the title for the Anthology, which incidently sounds great, but that can all wait to be announced by Litfest/Flax. Exciting times for a brand new writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment