Thursday 14 May 2009

Clammy Hands

Tomorrow I have to go and record a podcast of one of my poems. I am scared about this. I have no shame in admitting it. Firstly, I hate the sound of my voice. Secondly, once it has been recorded it's out there and netted for all time. Like a butterfly, or something less cliched like a Belemnite. But both of these things are lovely and my poem probably isn't lovely, so maybe it'll be trapped like a 7 legged spider or a cockroach. Podcasting it is like pinning it into a windowed box in a museum. Oh, the things that can be seen close up.

The only time I have read them out loud has been in the bedroom while I write them and even then I whisper in case they offend my own ears. I think I need to work on confidence at this juncture, especially as I will have to do it in person fairly soon.

I wonder if other people have this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment