Wednesday 20 May 2009

Little moments from today

I watched the sugar caramelize at the bottom of the mug, drying out crud of the morning. I watched the tree outside my window move in the wind and considered where on the beaufort scale it was going. I pondered the shine on other people's windscreens. The skip outside reminds me constantly, think pink! But I don't know what it means. The return key is worn from trying to get back too many times and the 'A' is rubbed off but I don't know why. I listened to the burr in the room, chased the sound around to no avail. It won't quieten beyond this hum. I repeatedly read the address where Silver Spoon is refined. Oundle Road. Peterborough. I watched the shadows chase eachother round the cars until it rained. Then they went.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I too heard The Hum. Definitely ouside the building. Then I read the interesting article on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8056284.stm about the phenomenon, and wondered if I was one of those who hear things that aren't there.

    Later on, I went out for a run, and with a sense of disappointment realised that The Hum was being caused by the serious-looking roadsweeping machinery on the local bypass.

    It would have been interesting to be One of Those Who Hear Things

    ReplyDelete