Sunday 17 May 2009

Do you ever write something and not have a clue what to do with it?

I think I have finished a new poem. Although, I am not sure what finishing means as I usually go back and think they could be improved/changed weeks or months after first drafting. But for this one, I can't see where to make the changes without it becoming something else altogether. I think this is a good sign.

It's shorter than usual and has an adventurous (for me!) format on the page. Not entirely sure what to do with it now. I could submit it, but I am not sure of where it would go! It's obscure and specific at the same time. It's called
Not Rothko
and was inspired by a visit to the Seagram Murals back in February 09, but it's not so much about the art but about the location and a relationship within it.
I quite like it and hope to find a home for it in the future - push it out of the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment