Friday 1 May 2009


Pleased to hear the CAD is now poet laureate. I hope she gets all her sherry on time. A nice idea too to give the attached 'salary' to the poetry society as an annual prize.

I have been brewing over an idea to post what I would call
phone poetry. I'm frequently caught short without notebook and end up tapping ideas into my phone when out and about. And actually, i think it's quite an interesting way of recording ideas. You have that choice; save to drafts or send to someone. Obviously, I never send them to anyone and even if they were fully formed I wouldn't. but it's an idea! A mass-dissemination device. It's also interesting the way when you hurriedly type in the ideas, predictive text will come up with it's own interpretation and the word you wanted will get replaced if you're not concentrating. Sometimes this works! Sometimes Mr Nokia has a better word than me. Sometimes it's just humorous to see the meaning change. Maybe CAD should use it as a way to get young people back into poetry. Humorous excerpts? OK, so it's a rough idea but it's not altogether awful...it could catch on. I wonder if she tweets...

I may post one. Get it out there. Anyway, you heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment