Tuesday 16 June 2009

One Sleep

It's one day now until the Flax launch of 'The Crowd Without'. I'm going to remember Carol Ann's advice and just think of the words. But while I think about them, I would also like them to look nice. How does one type out their poems for a reading? Do people mainly type or do they write them by hand? Is this an excuse to buy a new pencil or some new paper? I have a tendency to laminate things whenever I get the chance, so this could be an option. I just don't know. It strikes me that I have not done my research. I don't have any collections yet so I can't read from my own book as I am sure the others will do. Maybe I should put them inside a poetry notebook or a nice card? So that I am not stood with a floppy bit of paper looking inadequate. There seems to be no guidance on this, anywhere. However, this is a really good opportunity to take a trip to Borders Deepdale and look around for some inspiration, part with some cash and pass the time before the one sleep that will bring tomorrow round. How exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment