Sunday 17 January 2010

blogging from bed


Marie Laurencin - Portrait of Mademoiselle Channel

I saw this painting last week and was really mesmerised by the eyes of the woman. They look so full of emotion. A real stand-out feature of the picture. The colours are nice too, but those eyes! I wish I could write with as much emotion as Marie Laurencin could paint with a few brush strokes.

I have no justification for blogging from bed. But it's cosy and I can admire the hoovering I did yesterday and the picture I framed - an Art Nouveau exhibition poster from Musee D'Orsay bought last week - lovely.

While I am here I will read Luke Kennard's collection The Harbour Beyond The Movie which I bought yesterday from Preston Waterstones. Seems it has quite a good poetry section and my sadness about Borders can now be alleviated slightly.

I have also been reading Annie Clarkson's blog featuring today, her cat! I've always considered myself a dog person though I've never had one, and have had cats (!) but this post made me wish I had one pressed against my legs right now. Typical Annie blog, uplifting and thought inspiring even when she's talking about challenging personal stuff (except for the cat post which is out and out adoration for her cat) From what I've read she's in the right job.

Right now, I am very much in need of finding some angle for the prose poetry. I write it but with no idea what to do with it and if it's any good. I think I could tighten it up a lot more if it had some general direction. That's me, always a slave to purpose, in need of a solid route.

2 comments:

  1. I'll never get over Borders. Some of them had coffee shops, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right this is a gorgeous painting, and then how surprised I was to see my name! You can borrow my cat anytime... and if you want to talk about prose poetry, give me a shout...!

    ReplyDelete