Wednesday 23 September 2009

Tarn

I wanted to take the opportunity of a long walk in the Lake District last weekend to get some inspiration for new writing, that I can use for the first MA workshop. I have been mulling over what my strengths and weaknesses are in writing, and it's scared me off of using old work in front of a group of strangers who don't know me or anything about my interests. But then I don't want to play it safe either.

So I wanted to aim for something that was representative of my writing style and of my academic background. Poetry about geology can get a bit tired, but I thought I would give it a punt, perhaps thinking that I may have a right to this topic after spending years studying it. What I ended up with was not a geology poem at all, just a poem about a body of water in transition. I may well use this for the first seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment