Wednesday 8 July 2009

Sealord

Copyright 2009 Ruth Allen

I saw this unfortunate creature in Robin Hood's Bay - North Yorkshire. Retrieved from the water's edge by a zealous basset hound. Then abandoned.

Writing has been hard these last couple of weeks since Flax. I have had a rejection from one publication but they gave me really great feedback and said the poems just felt a bit 'prose-like' for that particular issue. The editor also said that they had over 2000 submissions and so I am grateful that I got such a helpful and positive email wishing me luck for future submissions.

What I am working on getting now is a shot of inspiration. Going back to the coast helped and I have a few ideas. I was particularly taken by a boat named 'Sealord'. In the mean time I am reading Paul Farley's The Boy From The Chemist is Here To See You.

1 comment:

  1. Nice decomposing fish. Is it a rat-tail?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattail

    ReplyDelete